This Official Majlis A’Shura website is managed by Majlis Oman Royal Estates Information and Communication Technology Department; Majlis Shura, which can be found online at www.shura.om
Our aim is to empower the people and business in Oman by delivering information and services through a common gateway. We will do this by:
We are committed to:
- Offering multiple channels, which are convenient and comfortable to use, and at affordable cost
- Structuring access to our services and information based on ‘life events’, ‘personas’ and topics
- Integrating all electronic services offered by the government
- Constantly upgrading the ease of access to services and information, so adoption within the community is ensured.
- Providing the latest information on this portal to the visitors and announcing on the updates according to its content plans
- Responding to the visitors inquires and taking useful and feasible suggestions into account
- addressing problems related to access to the portal’s sections and pages
- Reviewing content regularly and provide an updated content to visitors in both Arabic and English if possible.
The following General Provisions apply to all services to any and all customers. These General Provisions shall usually take precedence over specific metrics outlined in the Service Levels section.
Hours of Operation
We operate on a standard seven hours, 5 days a week basis. Standard Business Hours of operation are 7:30 am to 2:30 pm Sunday through Thursday and closed on announced holidays. We do not operate on a 24 by 7 basis and do not provide support outside of the standard working times, on weekends, or on holidays. Issues, data corrections, and updates shall be handled during the normal working hours unless provisions are made to handle these changes outside of normal working hours.
We endeavor to maintain our services through this portal in a manner that it is available at all times except when maintenance or repair activities are required. We will maintain uptime outside of standard business hours on a best effort and basis.
Priority of Response
In general, priority is given to correcting reported problems with production systems first. When simultaneous problems are reported with the production systems, the website Technical team shall determine which problem has priority.
Data corrections and updates shall generally be handled on a first in/first out basis except when a bona fide public safety issue is raised. Public safety related updates shall be given priority provided the agency submitting the correction requests that the update be given priority.
Data corrections and updates shall be suspended if necessary to apply resources to correct production issues. Shura website Editor team shall determine if and when the data updates and corrections must be suspended to handle production related problems.
Suggestions/problems related to accessibility or usability of the portal services should be reported via:
- Filling the online form on Contact us page,
- Message sent to the webmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org).